In May, HuffPo posted a list of 21 new(ish) books that all women should read. No surprise that Tina Fey AND Amy Poehler both made the list, along with Jhumpa Lahiri, Emma Donoghue, and Cheryl Strayed.
Here's our own list of YA books by women that every teen girl should read before graduating high school:
- A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- The List by Siobhan Vivian
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- How the Garcia Girls Lost their Accents by Julia Alvarez
- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
What do you think, women of NSHAHS? Any other must-reads to recommend for budding feminists? Which female authors do you love?